Hey Curlfriends! I’ve missed you so much!
Here is an update on my skin. I am getting occasional breakouts, especially on my jawline. I am just figuring out that these may be due to allergic reactions. I will be getting tested to find out what I am allergic to, however, I am sure it is wheat.
Aside from drinking water, I have noticed that although my skin has visibly improved, it still sucks and is not consistent. I miss my glowy skin. I started getting these weird patches of skin around my mouth that started turning grayish. I have two sun spots on either sides of my cheeks that seems to be getting bigger.
AHHHHHH! What is my skin doing/!!! Really! Make up your mind!!!!!
So here is what I learned that I have been doing wrong my entire life!!!!
- I was using a cheap ass moisturizer! I like to save money when I can. However, it BEHOOVES you to actually drop some extra coins for that moisturizer. Your skin will love you for it. Clinque Dramatically Different is definitely a game changer. My skin was noticably smoother and extremely hydrated. No more cheap drugstore moisturizer. I live in this stuff! Click the picture below if you would like to check it out!
2. Weekly Clay Masks! If you saw my last video, you will see the dramatic changes that this has made for my skin and hair. I would consider this one the holy grail of beauty products! It’s extremely affordable, lasts forever, works immediately, and multipurpose! This is one product that is worth the buy. When I used it I noticed that all of my puss filled pimples came to surface and I was able to just wash it off! I l have never witnessed anything like this before. I felt accomplished. I cannot speak for other products, but I use the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. Every time I use it, it’s like my skin is kissed by the Gods!
3. Thinking Eye Cream is a scam. Ok under my eyes, I have what I would like to call “chicken-skin.”Okay, not that bad, but none the less it is by far not as youthful. I blame myself for not listening to my grandma when she told me to not rub my eye when it itches. I also never used moisturizer. I used products there when it said “avoid the eye area”. I was a rebel!
What made me realize my huge mistake was when I went to Ulta and I was given a sample for under eye cream. In my head I was thinking, no this chick didn’t!
Obviously, she knew what she was doing. When I went home I tried it, and it was like 5 years taken off of my face! The cooling effect it had on my eyes made me want to cuddle under the covers with y PJ’s on. It was like a sample sized paradise for my exhausted eyes. I was instantly addicted. The package it came in was extremely small for the price, but a little bit goes a long way. Boy does it ever. I have had it for over two months and I am only halfway through! I never skip a day with my Benefit! It’s potent eye cream.
4. Skipping the SPF! What was my life before SPF? HMMM. My skin was crap. The sunspots, which I honestly thought it was a good thing, ( I thought I had a natural contour) were making me less than photogenic in my pictures. I decided to go to the store and get an spf moisturizer that would work. The only problem is, many of them are super white, greasy, or just plain damaging to the skin! I would not even dare to put those cheap products on my face.
Make sure when you are choosing an SPF, it needs to say non-comedogenic. If not, your pores will clog and it will be counterproductive. Under the layers of slayed make up will be gunky pores, pimple ridden cheeks, and oil slick everywhere! I would advise something with no less than spf 50. I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF 50.
5. Toning the skin. Now it is pretty impossible to workout the skin on your face. If anything, too many dramatic movements, breaks down the collegen of the skin. So how do we get rosy, dewy, skin with tight pores? Easy! TONE IT BABY!!!!! Now I used to use Clinique’s Toner. However, I found a few hacks that are all natural and awesome for achieving glowy skin!
Yup Apple Cider Vinegar and Rose Water. ACV may be too potent for your skin, be sure to dilute with water. You may use a cotton ball to dab on the skin or use a spray bottle. My personal favorite is rosewater. It gives my skin a healthy glow and my pores are almost invisible! Check out my video to see how I made it from scratch.
6. Finally Serum! If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have used this gems since puberty! My skin looks 1000 percent healthy. It is not fair that I was not introduced to this sooner. This is the one ingredient that you should use everyday!Remember the saying fight oil with oil? Well it’s true. Water based products have nothing on a serum. It fills your pores and creates a barrier from all pollutants from make up to pollen. It leaves your skin the most radiant ever. FYI: BIG BONUS! It saves you money on Botox and other fillers! Check out the one I am currently testing out, Evan Healy Rosehip Treatment Facial Serum.