Gee Curlies! Your consistent support is overwhelmingly gratifying! I appreciate you so much! I recently posted a video from questions that you have asked!
Since I’m much better at delivering my thoughts in writing than verbally, I made this post just for you! Thank you Ayeissha Samuel for the inspiration, may the natural hair gods bless you with a lifetime of gorgeous hair!
Choosing an oil that works depends on what you are trying to achieve, your hair type, and the climate you are in. I like to tryout new oils with light scents. Here is a list of 13 oils that I use and their benefits.
- Coconut Oil- Great for the summer time and warmer climates. It not only coats and seals your hair cuticles but it infuses strands with moisture.
- Apricot Oil- Light oil that increases hydration levels of strands leaving it soft and shiny. This sweet smelling oil also doubles as a moisture barrier.
- Olive Oil- It’s a heavy oil that is ideal for HIGH POROSITY HAIR. Also great moisture barrier and coconut oil alternative for the winter time. It’s always on moisture time.
- Black Castor Oil- This dense oil stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair growth. Perfect for restoring damaged edges and thinning hair.
- Grapeseed Oil- It is extra light and is packed with many nutrients including vitamin E. It helps restore and maintain shine on all curly hair types.
- Sweet Almond Oil- This multipurpose oil controls hair loss, achieves shiny hair and perfect for moisturizing the skin and removing tan lines.
- Lavender Oil- A natural hair must-have! It prevents hair loss, improves blood circulation, and promotes hair growth. Did I mention it smells great?
- Peppermint oil- Another natural hair staple that increases blood circulation which promotes hair growth. It also fights dandruff, fungus, and lice with its anti-inflammatory properties. I love the minty feeling it gives my hair! I add it to my shampoos and conditioners.
- Rosemary- Also has the same benefits as peppermint oil minus the minty feeling.
- Tea Tree Oil- This is an awesome oil with anti-inflammatory properties. It is great for dandruff , and a little bit goes a long way! This multi-action staple also helps combat skin issues such as acne.
- Avocado Oil- Retains mad moisture, revives damaged hair, and strengthens strands.
- Jojoba Oil- It is the only oil that is similar to the natural oils that your follicles produce. It is great for moisturizing hair without residue weighing down your hair.
- Rosehips- This oil aids to help restore and repair damaged scalp tissue. It is the ultimate skin tissue renewal oil!
I hope you guys benefit from this list. This is just a list of those oils that I have had experience with. By all means, go out and explore what works for you.
Please comment below your favorite oil and why!
Until next time, Besos